School of Ministry / Certificate Program
Theology and Church Leadership Certificate
Our six-course certificate program provides a Bible foundation and practical training for church leadership. The certificate program includes four core classes with a choice of two electives. It can be completed in one or two years, with entry occurring possibly at the beginning of any semester.
Additionally, all our courses have a course audit option that will allow you to complete them without applying for a full certificate at a lower cost.
- TCL 101 Story of the Bible Part 1 (Old Testament)
- TCL 102 Story of the Bible Part 2 (New Testament)
- TCL 103 Christian Belief and Worldview
- TCL 104 Key Skills for Today’s Church Leader
Electives vary per semester. View the schedule to see the current courses.
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate
- Statement of Ministry Experiences
- Pastoral Reference
- Personal Statement of Faith with 2-3 sentences summarizing your beliefs: View of God, View of the Bible, View of the Human Condition, and View of Salvation
- Essay on why you want to enter the Theology and Church Leadership Certificate Program
How long does it take to finish?
Complete the certificate in one or two years.
Do I need prior education:
Just a copy of a high school degree or GED
Exceptions are determined at the discretion of the School of Ministry Lead Team
How much do the courses cost?
Each course costs $200.
What kind of assignments or tests are required for a course?
You can expect to have to read a textbook and complete about two assignments per course. Some professors may also include a test of the material.
Are classes in-person or online?
Some courses will be a two-hour evening class once a week for six weeks. Others will start online with reading and assignments with in-person lectures during the third, fourth, or fifth week. The classes on these intensive weekends will be on Friday night from 5:00pm to 9:00pm and Saturday from 8:00am to 4:00pm.
Do I have to take the courses in a particular order?
You can start taking the courses any term. There are no pre-requisites for any course and they can be taken in any order.
Can I take the courses without applying for the certificate?
Yes, you can enroll in any of the Theology and Church Leadership course without having to apply for the full certificate.